Thursday, 2 November 2017

Episode 7 (It's Been A While)

It's been a while, really. A long while, but the other day was the best day of the year - my little storm's birthday. I got up early, brought out my best party dress, and made her a birthday cake. It was a simple sponge, seeing as I'm not exactly a master chef, but it looked good enough.


When I went to wake her up, she was already dressed, and I managed to catch her in the act of slipping her old toy Kittencat back under her bed. I knew she had it somewhere, but I pretended not to have noticed.


I let her watch an extra half-hour of television, and then went to wake her father up while she was watching one of her favourite cartoons.
 It's one of these fantasy high school things, I know that much. A girl who can become a dragon, quite aptly.


Why do I say quite aptly? Because despite how gentle she was as a toddler, Tempest has turned into a bit of a hothead. I'm not sure how, although I suspect my own temper and J's combined might be at fault, but J tells me that's not true.

He says she's just going through a tough time at school. But why does he know that if I don't? I suppose she confides in him more.


But her birthday was a nice day, anyway. We ended up eating the cake together while watching a film on the free channel, and she loved her birthday gifts from us, although J's friend Zoe got her something she wasn't too keen on, and she asked us in all seriousness if she could swap it or return it. I told her it's the person who gives you the gift and their feelings that matter, but I'm not sure she took my advice seriously, going by the look she gave me.



***

Our income has been steadier recently, as J has managed to secure a deal with a florist of sorts who pays good money for locally grown flowers. We get paid a good amount, as our flowers are in good condition, as J has been tending to the garden with a gentle hand.


Why does this mean so much to me? Well, mostly because...I'm pregnant, again.


Yup. That's right. Yours truly is bun-in-oven again. I didn't think I'd ever be pregnant again, and what's truly spooky (even though I know our family) is that this baby will be a Taurus too. J thinks it's just a funny coincidence, but I know better.

This pregnancy has really helped inspire me, though. We finally managed to save enough on the side for me to have an easel, and a local café has agreed to display my works, and they sell pretty quickly too! Even quicker now, as my inspiration levels are through the roof.


And J's pleased that we're going to have another baby. I told him he was going to do his fair share of nights this time. He laughed, but I'm entirely serious.


He might frustrate me sometimes, but I love him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment