Friday, 3 November 2017

Episode 9 (Welcome to the World)

I went into labour on a stormy night in May. I was woken by contractions and the sound of thunder.

J took immediate action, calling his friend Gavin to come and sit with Tempest while he and I got a taxi to the hospital. It was an easy labour, over in a matter of hours, and we were able to bring home Thora Zodiac in the morning.


She's a sweetheart, if very demanding. Tempest was delighted to have a sister ('and not a brother!'), and has spent most of her free time abandoning her homework to come and talk to her in the nursery, which J did most of the decorating of.


It's pretty sparse at the moment, but Thora doesn't seem to mind.

J adores her, of course. I'm slightly worried that she might turn out spoiled, because he attends to her every need. I think Tempest might be jealous if she wasn't equally as besotted with Thora.


I probably sound jealous, but I assure you, I'm amused. J was such a no-strings-attached guy when I met him, and now he's a big pile of mush who gets up at the speed of light if he hears Thora begin to even sniffle in the night.

I'm so happy, right now. I suppose a better word is content. Yes, I'm marvellously content.

As for Tempest's problems, they've calmed down. Yes, some of the kids at school are still excluding her from games, the little beasts, but it turns out she has a friend now, a boy named Dominic Levesque, who she walks home with every day.


He seems a little gloomy to me, but they're fast friends, and he's been teaching her all about Voidcritters. They're apparently his favourite thing, and even though she doesn't have any cards, Tempest can still recite most of the names.

I can only hope it isn't catching!

(The name Thora was suggested by MadameLee! Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment